RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) is a network communications protocol developed by Microsoft, which allows users to connect to another computer. The remote desktop protocol is available for Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
Simplified: With Remote Desktop Protocol, one can connect to any computer that runs windows. Let’s say if you want to access your PC from a laptop or any other device, with RDP you can connect to the remote PC, view the same display and interact as if working on that machine locally.
Here are the top Benefits of Using Remote Desktop Connection:
If you have or want a BYOD environment at your company, you need to have the resources to make it efficient. Virtualizing your computer makes it accessible through any computer. This means you will be able to access your desktop from home or on the go because you can get to it through a web browser. This allows your staff to be productive from any location.
When you have your data virtualized, security is key to your success. You don’t want a solution that puts your information at risk. When you are using a service to get a remote desktop connection, you get a team of professionals to maintain your server. They ensure that your environment is constantly updated with the latest security fixes. You shouldn’t have to worry about your data. Now you get an environment that backs up your data and allows you to recover information if it is ever lost.
Beyond that, a remote desktop includes many enhanced security features that protect your data at all times. Information is protected while transmitting with advanced key encryption. You can also see who is remotely connected to your business.
Investing in technology is not easy on the budget. It takes a lot of money to build up a reliable tech solution that will provide the solutions your business needs. This cost is offset when you utilize a remote desktop service. You don’t have to invest in the servers or staff to maintain those servers. You can also save on hardware because employees can bring their own devices to access their desktop.
The major benefit of a remote desktop connection is being able to connect to your data from anywhere in the world. Your data is in one place that is easy to see and you no longer have to have the software installed on your own computer. You also eliminate the need to travel with flash drives to take your information with you.
Every aspect of your network can be managed in real-time from one location. You can edit permissions to groups of users or pinpoint specific users. You can restrict their access so they can only see certain things on their desktop. It is easier than ever to manage the network as a whole using a remote desktop connection.
Here are some examples of RDP uses:
- Traveling? When you travel for business or go on vacation, sometimes you will need access to your workplace computer. Using Remote Desktop Protocol makes it very easy for you to work from anywhere in the world.
- Can’t go to the office today? There are many reasons that could prevent you from going into the office. However, you still need to fulfill your daily tasks. With RDP, you can access your office computer from the comfort of your home.
- Are you a system admin? Remote Desktop Protocol allows you to perform administrative tasks such as PC tune-up, computer troubleshooting, ID protection settings, software installation, printer set-up, email set-up, virus, and spyware removal.
- Need to give a demo? You can easily use Remote Desktop Protocol for demonstrations of processes or software applications that are usually accessible only from your office. With RDP you can access the data from any private device.
- Want to personalize your remote desktop? You can customize many elements to create a personalized remote desktop experience including resolution, screen settings, connection settings, start menu, toolbar, icons, and more.